Wednesday 2 October 2013

20th of September - Fort William - Spean Bridge - Fort Augustus - Lewiston

One of the longest days in terms of the mileage. Did 50 miles in a very strong pace, feeling somehow energetically uplifted. The weather cleared up and it was a joy to cycle. The first couple of miles were busy in traffic and without much scenery around apart from a well spread tarmac on A82.

I was craving fro fish&chips so stopped in Spean Bridge straight after spotting the sign for the famous British treat ;) The place was rather odd, with an old lady shouting at all the customers and threatening them with her fist and then laughing out loud! she looked like a fish&chip witch. And in the kitchen...Polish people chatting in native language, swearing loudly :) What a scene!

After this great nutritious meal, I carried on, playing with my camera and recording the route. I kept swapping the position of the camera to get diverse footage.

After Fort Augustus I started to feel tired but the views revealed to me a rather impressive Loch Ness. I cycled and cycled staring at the vast waters of the Loch and realising how huge it is. By the end of my day, waters of the lake spread wide and the sky opened with a burst of blinding blues, spilling the colours onto the surface of the lake. It was a stunning view..




No comments:

Post a Comment