Friday 4 October 2013

21st of September - Lewiston - Beauly - Dingwall - Evanton


The day started by waking up late, at 9am! I crawled out of the tent and rushed to meke coffee and pack my stuff. The day was beautifully sunny which is a definite treat after all the rain.
After setting off I stopped in Lewiston to replenish food for me and Laika. I also got a toy for her so she can play with a tennis ball rather than with my socks...

First couple of miles appeared to be the most difficult part of the day as I faced 15% incline hill that streched over 3/4 of a mile! I managed to climb most of it by gave up in the end as I couldn't turn the pedals anymore! I then had to push the bike and a trailer which was ridicoulusly hard task to do.
As a reward, the top of the hill happeend to be a stunning moorland with rolling hills, alll covered in many different shedes of brown and olive green, contrasting against magnificently blue sky...

In Dingwall I had an accident, where me and Laika flew off the bike/trailer and landed on the pavement...I calculated the turn in a wrong way causing the trailer to catch a kerb. Luckily nothing happened to us, apart from me scratching a knee. Some very kind people stopped and came to help me, picking a bike and taking care of Laika whilst I packed the equipment scattered across the pavement back onto my bike. If you guys read this blog, big THANK YOU to you all!

The evening happened to be rather nice and relaxing as I met fellow cyclist from South Wales, Kevin Williams. It was fantastic to spend an evening in a pub, chatting to someone and exchanging bicycle adventures.



 Very difficult to climb when pulling around forty kilos..managed to cycle up 3/4 of it, then had to push..



 On the top!! The landscape changed into beautifully coloured moors.



Stunning..


Kevin from South Wales - was nice to have a company after days of lonely travel

No comments:

Post a Comment